2020 Virtual Walk/Run
COVID-19 has upended so much of our world, but it hasn’t stopped Siena Francis House from holding our Walk/Run this fall. However, as opposed to holding an in-person 5K Walk and Run event, we will be doing this virtually – and we need your help!
Our annual Walk/Run not only raises awareness of our organization within the community, it also raises much-needed funds in support of our mission of providing emergency services, permanent supportive housing and addiction rehabilitation to persons experiencing homelessness – with our ultimate goal of helping all clients achieve housing out in the community.
Below are details regarding our 2020 Virtual Walk/Run event – and we are inviting you to consider participating. Here’s how you can be involved and support the Siena Francis House at the same time:
- Register to participate online HERE
- …or send your $30 check or cash to:
Siena Francis House
P.O. Box 217
Omaha, NE 68101
- Following your registration payment, pick up your Siena Francis House Walk/Run t-shirt at Peak Performance, located at 519 North 78th Street (just north of 78th & Cass Streets in Omaha) any time after Monday, October 5th. Please bring a digital or hard copy of the receipt you were emailed when registering to Peak Performance.
- Go for your own personal 5K (or whatever distance you are comfortable with) walk or run – wearing your Siena Francis House t-shirt – anytime between Sunday, October 11 and Sunday, October 18, and take a “selfie” for social media.
- At any point during that timeframe (October 11 – October 18) post the selfie photo on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. When you post, please be sure to use the hashtag #SienaStrong and tag Siena Francis House. Every person who posts on social media and uses that hashtag will be entered into a drawing to win a $200 gift certificate to Peak Performance.
That’s it! And, even though this year’s Walk/Run will be unlike any previous one, we do hope this year’s version will be a fun event for you. We definitely look forward to seeing the creativity in those who participate and post their Walk/Run selfies.
If you would like to support the Siena Francis House’s virtual Walk/Run, but don’t wish to actively participate, please feel free to make a gift to our organization HERE or through the mail, using the same mailing address, above.
Thank you for considering participating in the Siena Francis House’s 2020 Virtual Walk/Run event. Your support makes a real and meaningful difference to our organization, and especially to the people experiencing homelessness who we serve every day of the year.