Siena Francis House COVID-19 Preparedness Statement
Siena Francis House is aware that homelessness may place individuals at greater risk of exposure from infectious diseases, including COVID-19. We are committed to preventing and managing the spread of this virus among our guests and staff members.
Prevention & Planning
Siena Francis House is doing its best to prevent transmission of the virus by implementing the following:
• Infection control measures that include vigorous and frequent disinfection in all facilities, particularly in “high touch” areas.
• Mandatory education for staff on disease transmission, proper handwashing and use of personal protective equipment
• Trauma-informed communication with guests around prevention and procedures
• Coordination of care for guests experiencing illness
• Contingency plan for meal service
• Contingency plan for volunteer service
Response to Infection
Siena Francis House leadership has a detailed response for guests who become ill from COVID-19. The following is included in this plan:
• Identification of community partners and resources for testing and care of ill individuals
• Relocation and quarantine of ill individuals, if necessary
• Personal protective equipment for staff who may be assisting ill individuals
• Reporting of suspected or known cases as recommended by the Douglas County Health Department