Volunteers make a tremendous difference at our organization daily. If you are wondering how to help the thousands of people we serve each year, Siena Francis House offers a variety of meaningful volunteer options. You could help serve a meal in our dining room, assist in meal preparation in the kitchen, receive and organize donations on our loading dock and in our pantry, help out in our laundry room, assist in grounds and maintenance, or provide transportation to our clients. Opportunities are available to anyone who is looking for a one-time volunteer experience or those who are interested in a more regular/ongoing volunteer commitment for any of the following volunteer positions: Meal Service Volunteer (for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) • Kitchen Volunteer • Dock Volunteer • Laundry Service Volunteer • Volunteer Driver • Maintenance Volunteer • Daily Campus Clean-Up Volunteer. Detailed volunteer job descriptions for these positions are on Volunteer Hub!
To volunteer at Siena Francis House, please create your own personal account on VolunteerHub, using the link immediately below. The VolunteerHub software will guide you through this process. After creating your account, you can again view detailed volunteer position descriptions and schedule yourself for one or more volunteer opportunities.
To create your personal account on VolunteerHub and to sign up to volunteer, click HERE or on this VolunteerHub link:
Additional, Important Information Regarding Volunteering at Siena Francis House:
- No application is necessary, although online sign-up is REQUIRED for all individuals and groups who would like to volunteer.
- If you are a group leader, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 402- 341-1821 to set up your volunteer group in VolunteerHub.
- By signing up online, you agree to the terms and conditions of Siena Francis House's Volunteer Expectations, Waiver of Liability, and Code of Conduct Agreement, found in VolunteerHub.
- Volunteers should plan to arrive five minutes before the start of their volunteer shift.
- Volunteers must wear a facemask when inside any Siena Francis House facility.
- Volunteers must wear closed-toed shoes with rubber/non-slick soles when volunteering.
- Upon arrival for their volunteer shift, all volunteers must check in at the front desk and receive a “Volunteer” sticker, which volunteers should wear the entire time they are volunteering.
- Volunteers must then “clock in” at the computer kiosk located at the back of the kitchen of our emergency shelter, located at 1117 North 17th Street (except for maintenance volunteers, who will clock in with Maintenance staff in our Baright Building, located at 1111 North 17th Street.)
- When finished with a volunteer shift, all volunteers must “clock out” at the same computer kiosk to have the volunteer shift/hours recorded in VolunteerHub.
- Minors are allowed to volunteer – and only when accompanied by an adult – in the following positions: Plating food in Meal Service; Kitchen; Dock; and Community Clean-Up. Minors are not allowed to volunteer in Laundry Service, Maintenance, or as a driver/transportation.
- Siena Francis House may also host groups of varying sizes to perform special, one-time volunteer activities outside of the volunteer positions detailed below. Examples of special, one-time volunteer group activities may include campus clean-up; painting, deep cleaning of facilities, organizing the pantry; holiday-specific projects; assembling personal hygiene kits; holiday-specific projects, and conducting off-site, in-kind donation collection/drives.
Thank you for considering volunteering at the Siena Francis House. We strive to make volunteering at Siena Francis House a meaningful experience for all volunteers. If you have questions regarding volunteering at the Siena Francis House, please contact us at email@example.com or 402- 341-1821.
At Siena Francis House, we are indebted to our volunteers, as we could not provide the services we do without them. Annually, during National Volunteer Week, Siena Francis House hosts a Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon and honors volunteers for their service. Learn more about our Volunteer Appreciation Event here.
If you have further questions about volunteering, please contact at 402-341-1821 or firstname.lastname@example.org.